Rest House Built Near South Entrance
In 1920 it was deemed necessary to build a rest house in the southern end of the Cemetery as a “Place where those visiting the cemetery can get rest and shelter and find suitable toilet facilities” (Annual Report, 1920). This small Tudor Revival structure, designed by Ralph Huntington Doane, was located just inside the south entrance (non-extant) to serve the many visitors who were coming to visit graves or attend burials in that area of Mount Auburn. In 1982 it was removed to make room for the new Willow Court Crypts.
Leave a Reply